Lip Sync Competition
If you plan on participating in the Lip Sync Competition please read the Rules below. Additionally, groups will be judged on 1.) Creativity (choreography, rythm, Props); 2.) Appearance (audience appeal, uniformity, cosumes); 3.) Lip Sync (mouth with music, stage usage, facial expression; 4.) Theme (homecoming - the incorporation of the Homecoming 2018 theme).
• 4 minutes maximum per performance
• 15 group submissions allowed via Wufoo
• 6 group maximum for Pep Rally (Bengal Pause Performance)
• Individuals in groups many only commit to ONE performance/ group
• All songs and performances must be in good taste. Please keep performances PG-13: no excessive vulgar language or inappropriate exposure.
• All music must be submitted by the group prior to the date of audition (See timeline section). Additionally, groups must bring the music with them on a jump drive
• Homecoming Theme: “Bengal United Around the World” must be incorporated into performance
• Props are required to execute performance. These props must be included on the registration form to be approved by the Homecoming Lip Sync Screening Committee. Props not included on registration form cannot be used in the performance. Fog machines, bubble machines, fire, water, and glitter are prohibited.
• *The Homecoming Lip Sync Screening Committee reserves the right to disqualify your submission if the committee feels the act is inappropriate or offensive to others. Your routine should reflect the same materials, props, and performance as the audition.
• Registration closes Friday, September 14th at 9am
• Group Auditions on Tuesday, September 18th (Bengal Pause) – Homecoming Lip Sync Screening Committee Members Judge
• Final six groups announced/ contacted on Thursday, September 20th
• Final six group performances will occur on Tuesday, September 25th during Bengal Pause
o *In the event of a tie, the two groups will perform at the Homecoming Football Game Half Time Show. The crowd will determine winner – Ask Athletics